Monday, June 13, 2005

careless whipples

Time can never change
The Careless Whipples, of a surgeon...

I'm never gonna drink again,
Can't you see I got no liver
Though it's easy to pretend
you know I'm gonna sue
should've covered up and made amends
by getting me an organ giver
but now you're never gonna cut again
because i'm gonna sue.

Seems like things people come up with (well, at least me), come from discrepancies, misunderstandings, misinterpretations, and the like. I've had countless conversations, that have stemmed from something that was said or heard incorrectly, and then my imagination takes over and usually a convoluted story springs forth. For course, this depends a lot on who I'm speaking with, and whether we can feed ideas off each other. I reckon this process is likened to the genetic mutations that are gathered and formed in evolution; the generation of new, original material, more than the sum of the original inputs. Surely this is, or at least one of the ways, people and humanity have formed and do form new ideas. It seems to me that all other things in our life are derived from one thing or the other that we had witnessed or had experience of. We usually just build up new ideas from old ones, but these are not radical - they are fundamental and inevitable conclusions from the originals. (A + B = AB (a different entity, but generally the same). Conversely, I'm proposing that from errors, we can obtain totally different properties and ideas (A + B = pineapple). Though it seems like we can sometimes be in the grip of our past, and our environment, I believe that there are things that can affect and change us that are unpredictable.

1 comment:

chilli said...

yep, there is the boring, slow but steady way to get things done; then there is the spontaneous, exciting but rare way. the first leads to a master; and the second, a genius.

but it takes both to become a legend.