Monday, August 01, 2005

The biggest tenor

Went to hear the MSO on saturday (30/7/05) arvo ('Reaching for the Stars'), and then to Jake's place for a 'welcome back/end of holiday' party. Had a tabasco tequila slammer, the chilli was surprisingly good at covering up the godawful taste of the tequila, and also left a pleasant tingly feeling at the back of my mouth.

After the MSO concert, I had a coffee with Chi at Gloria Jeans, and we ended up doing the Quiz Master. To my surprise, a few of the questions were either identical, or about the same topics, as was in a game of Articulate that I had played at Trish's house the Thursday night before. After doing the quiz, during the course of the conversation, Chi also ended up mentioning in a different context, a reference to one of the previous questions again, which I noticed and commented upon. Lastly, as I was walking along the street from the cafe to dinner, I noticed a poster which I had not seen before (probably because I never really walk around that part of town) in large letters advertising the very same name, in full, that had thrice been referred to previously.

Event 1: Articulate - Amerigo Vespucci, Placido Domingo, (another which I have temporarily forgotten)

Event 2: Quiz master - What continent was named after Amerigo Vespucci, Which of the 3 tenors is the oldest, by at least 5 years (answer was Pavarotti), (the other correlate).

Weirdness factor:
Rareness: 8, it is the first time i've played Articulate, and I haven't done the quiz master for about a year. On the other hand, there were dozens of questions we went through in Articulate, and there were more than 3 questions on the quiz master, so perhaps there is a higher chance than i expected that one or more of the questions correlated with each other.
Awareness: 9, I couldn't have noticed that the questions were to be asked in quizmaster before I chose to do it.
Control: 7, i didn't bring Articulate, but I did choose to do the quizmaster.

Total: 24/30

Event 3: Chi, when talking about some random topic later on, makes up the character name of 'Luciano'.

Weirdness:
Rareness: 7 (its not a common name, one that I don't hear often at all)
Awareness: 2 (Luciano is Pavarotti's first name, even though this was not stated on the answer)
Control: 1 (Chi was talking, which I assume he is mostly in control of)

Total: 10/30

Event 4: Spotting the one poster on the wall of posters inside an alley whilst walking past briskly. Poster has 'Luciano Pavarotti' with some additional advertisement.

Weirdness:
Rareness: 9 (don't think I've seen that before)
Awareness: 6 (probably subconsciously wondering about the name - and my gaze was probably drawn to that particular poster out of the whole wall due to this)
Control: 6 (My actions were mostly in my direct control - gaze, head turning; though its not like I picked that particular route because I knew the poster would be there or anything)

Total: 20/30

No comments: